Welcome the warm colors of autumn to your home with these simple, festive fall decorating ideas. Check out how to use colorful fall foliage, vases, candles, flower arrangements and more to freshen up your home, inside and out.
- Spruce up a drab front door with a seasonal wreath. Greet your guests with a charming infusion of burlap, tree leaves, fresh mums, and bittersweet vine.
- Bring life to your porch with vibrant gourds, piles of pumpkins and fresh flower displays. Add a woodsy touch with a stack of logs or wooden baskets filled with wheat and twigs.
- Switch out your patio decor with pillows and throws that reflect autumn’s hues like reds, oranges, browns, and yellows. In case of dramatic changes in weather, keep a linen basket nearby so that you can quickly toss and bring in your things.
- Showcase the season’s blooms by gathering your favorite leaves, flower clippings, tree branches and greenery, and then adding them to glass vases throughout your home. Not only does this embellish your home, but also the dried materials will last all season.
- Celebrate more than just tasty food at your dinner table by adding a beautiful fall centerpiece. Try a blend of berries, squash, cinnamon sticks, twine, and fresh flowers in a small wicker basket.
- Cozy up your home with harvest candle displays. Fill lanterns or mason jars with walnuts, pine cones, or Indian corn kernels, and place votive candles in the center.
Isn’t nature neat? The best part is that you can find all of these seasonal materials right in your backyard. Check out more fall fun and Thanksgiving inspiration on our Meritage Homes Pinterest page.